Rumours have spread fast about Manchester City legend David Silva is considering leaving Etihad after receiving a huge offer from Qatar, according to reports.
With Spaniard’s current deal with City will expire next summer, the 33-year-old could now make a exit as The Sun on Sunday report that he has received a two-year contract offer worth £12 million from a club in Qatar.
Silva joined Man City back in 2010, making close to 400 appearances for the club in all competitions. The 33-year-old will now leave the club with plenty of accolades including four Premier League titles, four League Cups and two FA Cups. Silva may have played his final game for the club last weekend at Wembley in the FA Cup final against Watford, a game City went on to win 6-0.
A source at City told The Sun on Sunday: ‘It would be a real shock if David does leave but he has had a great offer and is thinking it over hard.
‘At the moment he’s more likely to go than stay.’
Speaking about his future earlier this week, Silva told Onda Cero: ‘I’ve got a year left here.
‘I’ve always said that I’ve wanted to play for Las Palmas but when next season finishes I’ll see.
‘I’ll consider what I have left to give, what I want to do and what will be best.’
However, Manchester City will be looking to fill in the void and are targeting Youri Tielemans who enjoyed a superb stint at Leicester City in the second-half of last season, following his loan switch from AS Monaco in January.
Even Arsenal and Manchester United is keeping close tabs on Tielemans situation, as well as Leicester who are desperate to secure his services on a permanent deal.