Manchester City are going to take disciplinary actions against Kyle Walker after the reports of defender breaking the quarantine rules and hosting a party with two sex workers.
The full-back hosted a party when whole England is going through a state of lockdown because of the coronavirus pandemic. According to a report from the Sun, Kyle Walker and his friend paid £2,200 for Louise McNamara and a Brazilian worker. Both the ladies were invited at his home last Tuesday.
It was further reported that the escorts left Walker’s place on Wednesday morning, the same day he was requesting fans to abide by the quarantine guidelines in England.
A City spokesman said: “Manchester City are aware of a story in a tabloid newspaper regarding the private life of Kyle Walker in relation to a breach of the UK lockdown and social distancing rules.
“Footballers are global role models and our staff and players have been working to support the incredible efforts of the NHS and other key workers in fighting the effects of the Covid-19 coronavirus, in any way we can. Kyle’s actions in this matter have directly contravened these efforts. We are disappointed to hear the allegations, note Kyle’s swift statement and apology, and will be conducting an internal disciplinary procedure.”
Walker, who has 48 England caps, has apologised. “I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made last week,” the 29-year-old said. “I understand that my position as a professional footballer brings the responsibility of being a role model. As such, I want to apologise to my family, friends, football club, supporters and the public for letting them down.”
Kyle Walker is the second Premier League player to have broken the guidelines o lockdown after Jack Grealish of Aston Villa traveled to a friend’s place despite the ban.