Manchester City now has second nominee for 2018 Ballon d’Or.
Following Sergio Aguero, who was revealed as the first nominee for 2018 Ballon d’Or, Kevin de Bruyne became the second Manchester City player named on 30-man 2018 Ballon d’Or shortlist.
The Belgian international was named after the Premier League, Carabao Cup and Community Shield, while also helped Belgium finished third behind Croatia and eventual winners France.
De Bruyne was the best player in Premier League last season and made the 2017 UEFA Team of the Year and the 2017/18 PFA Team of the Year.
— #ballondor (@francefootball) October 8, 2018
THE FIRST-FIVE 2018 BALLON D’OR NOMINEES ARE:
- Sergio Aguero (Manchester City and Argentina)
- Alisson (Roma/Liverpool and Brazil)
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid and Wales)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid and France)
- Edinson Cavani (Paris Saint-Germain and Uruguay)
- Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea/Real Madrid and Belgium)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/Juventus and Portugal)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City and Belgium)
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool and Brazil)
- Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid and Uruguay)
The Ballon d’Or award, launched in 1956, is given to the best player of the year.